PCM TES – 6 LETTERS YOU WILL WANT TO BECOME FAMILIAR WITH.
WHAT IS THERMAL ENERGY STORAGE?
Proven in Europe, the USA and the Middle East, PCM TES is a more efficient and cost effective way to deliver energy to chill air. By creating and storing energy during off-peak periods which can then be used in high-demand periods, it spreads the daytime requirement for energy to chill or heat air across 24 hours resulting in important cost and capacity benefits.
WHAT ARE PCM’s?
A Phase Change Material (PCM) is anything that releases energy when it changes state; say from liquid to solid or vice versa. PCMs act as latent thermal storage materials. Our Thermal Energy Storage systems use PCMs as the storage material in one of two forms: Crystal T-Paks or Crystal Spheres.
WHAT DO WE DO?
The PCMs we use are encapsulated in HDPE containers in battery format making them suitable for new projects and retrofits without the need for any major disruption of the system design or the need to select low temperature chillers and high glycol content installations.
TES BRIDGES THE GAP BETWEEN ENERGY STORAGE AND ENERGY USE AND IS USED WITHIN HVAC SYSTEMS FOR COOLING AND HEATING SCHEMES.
TES schemes may offer full or partial storage.
HERE ARE JUST SOME OF THE ADVANTAGES OF PCM THERMAL ENERGY STORAGE:
- Reduces cooling system costs by up to 40% by running on off-peak electricity rates.
- Provides waste heat storage during off-peak periods.
- Avoids peak demand charges or levies and utility charges by reducing peak-time loads.
- Results in a higher Energy Efficiency Rating for cooling system plant.
- Lowers capital costs because the system is designed to run at average load rather than max load.
- Offers higher scheme capacity than traditional air conditioning.
- Delivers high cooling system storage capacity.